Monday, July 06, 2009

4th of July goodies...........

I wasn't expecting too many garage sales on Saturday but there were quite a few. One of my fave Amish salvage stores was having their annual yard sale and had about 20 vendors. Some Amish, some not, a lady selling Tupperware, lots of good food including home made donuts........YUM! Here are some of the treasures I found:

I love this candle! I'm going to change out the candle and get rid of the potpourri. I have some crackle finish paint (that I got for FREE) so I think I'll spray paint the metal stand too. Pretty nifty for a buck!
A cute little patriotic sign will fit right in with my other patriotic decor. Another $1 well spent :)
This little basket of stars is really cute too. I think I paid 50 cents for it. Love that!
I think this sign about sums it up! The weeds in my garden have loved the sun and rain of late. How is everyone else's gardens doing?
This sign is SO me! LOVE the old boards. Another lady was sort of looking at it and I was so hoping she didn't take it. I didn't want things to get ugly but it was MINE! LOL

These valances are so pretty! They're nice fabric and lined. Love the tab tops and the detail! I got 2 of them and they were only 50 cents each! I did a little looking around online and discovered this pattern is called Nantucket Ticking. One website listed them for $28 each! Ummm...........sure...........NOT!

HOW cute is this bag holder? Okay........only cute if you like cows I guess but it will suit DD's decor very well :)
These mugs will be great for our camper. I have a border in it that has moose and bear on it and I have it decorated in a cabin theme. At 25 cents each, the price was right!
LOVE these old jars! They're missing the lids but we're going to use them for dd's baby shower to hold flowers on the tables so lids will not be necessary. At 75 cents each, they were a great find!
What fun! Six Good Housekeeping magazines from the '60's for 10 cents!! I'm sure there will be some interesting articles in them :)
I'm not entirely crazy about either of these designs but they're new kits and I can change the design to something I like better. At 50 cents each (were $11 each), they were worth it for the materials.
Stamps anyone?? Some of these have never been used! I got 16 for $1. The majority of them have a $1.49 price tag on the back. Nothing will be safe from my stamping! bahahahaha

I was SO excited to find this nifty little gadget for 25 cents! It's from Pampered Chef and makes crustless sealed sandwiches (like Smuckers Uncrustables!). I have one and I love it! Having a spare (especially for a quarter) will be even better!
I hope you enjoyed my treasures. If so, leave me a comment and tell me so :) Until next time............
Happy Thrifting!
Deb

2 comments:

Laurapdq said...

Love your yard sale finds! I'm in San Antonio, so I'm fortunate that there are what seems like a million thrift stores here. I'm especially envious of your pottery barn goods :-p

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Great Finds! LOVING that first candle!