Monday, June 08, 2009

Saturday thrifting............

Not an abundance of yard sales in our area on Saturday so we decided it wasn't worth it to get up early. We did hit a couple around lunch time but they were junk with a capital J! I don't think it was a matter of missing all the good stuff from earlier either! LOL

We did hit the thrift store in the afternoon. Our closest one did a huge remodel over the last couple of months and it just reopened last month. It's gorgeous now.....2 floors, nice lighting, attractive displays, and lots of stuff! Some things I didn't take pictures of.......like the denim shorts dh found or the hanging canvas shoe rack he's going to use in his office. It was new and only $3.......useful but not all that exciting!


On the other hand...........

How cute are these? And all for the grand total of $4.25. A real bargain considering the white sneakers are Nike and the swim trunks are Polo! The little blue and red sneakers are Wee Sports and the overalls are Osh Kosh. The green onesie has a matching hat and booties. The overalls and the blue and white onesie were on half price tag. It's exciting to buy little boy items :)

Very appropriate for this time of year. I may spray it with clear coat and hang it down in my garden.

This was new in package for $1. It will add some decorative value to my shed door. My old one is pretty faded plus there is a hole from a bb gun from a number of years ago :P The "little" boy responsible for that will be 20 years old next month and is in college now :)


These 2 kits look like fun! I used to do quite a bit of plastic canvas and both these Christmas kits were on 1/2 price tag so I think I'll take it up again. For $1.25 each, they were a good deal since both were unopened and contain all the supplies needed. Both contain a music box to incorporate into the house.

A nice little herb book for $2. I don't usually pay that much for books but this was hardcover with the dust jacket and looks really interesting.

Also not pictured.......I found 4 blue fabric napkins for 25 cents each and a silver picture frame for $1.

It was a good thrift store day :) I hope everyone found lots of goodies in their weekend travels.

Deb

4 comments:

joyh82 said...

great deals! Love the little boy clothes...too cute!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Deb, nice finds for you this week!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow a two story thriftstore! I would be in heaven! Nice finds especially the cute clothes!

Manuela

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Oooohhhhh, GREAT DEALS!