Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yard Sale Bonanza Weekend.................

Loads of yard sales again this weekend. We saw some people we knew, some cute pets, and loads of goodies (well some good and some not! LOL) Here are some highlights of our finds:


How cute is this piggy? He'll look great above my kitchen cabinets with my vintage kitchen utensils. And for $1, the price was right :) I probably shouldn't hang it near any items that cut. LOL

Another cute tin. I love those little Bon Ami chicks! For a quarter, they're even cuter!

A pretty brushed frame for a $1.


Another pretty frame. Also a $1.


And yet another pretty frame. I'll give this one to DD and DSIL.

A pretty new Martha Stewart snowflake table set for $3! There is a tablecloth, runner, and 2 napkins. Original prices on the pieces was $34. I remember seeing this set last Christmas but didn't want to pay those prices. "Good things come to those who wait" comes to mind :)



A pretty Christmas towel for 25 cents. More snowmen are always a good thing :) Isn't the red gingham border just adorable?


An adorable Christmas garland for 25 cents. How cute is that little red cardinal? Oh and another snowman of course!


I thought these placemats were just adorable! Looks like one of Santa's reindeer wanted to borrow his hat? There are only 2 of them so they will go perfectly in our camper as the table only seats 2 :) And at 25 cents for both, the price was right!


These jewelry kits are new and cost me 25 cents each. One is marked $7.95 and the other is $9.95. If I don't like the outcome, I can always take them apart and use the pieces for another project.


This cute little shoe book was 25 cents. Even the little bookmark has a pair of gold shoes on the ribbon! This will be a gift but I don't want to say for who as she will probably read this!

And on the more practical side.........a Williams Sonoma aspragus cooker. New in box for $1.
A Pampered Chef cheese knife for $1. I have one of these and I love it!


One of my favorite things of the day! A Fiskars paper cutter for $15! It still has the $73.99 price sticker on it from AC Moore. We have one of these and there are times it would be nice to have 2.....like when we were making baby shower invitations last week! I can't believe I found one at a yard sale! Whoo-hoo!
Not a bad haul if I say so myself! I have a few other treasures to post about once I have dh take the pictures. They're larger items than will fit in my little picture taking area that dh made for me so I'll let him take those. Here's a teaser.............3 Pottery Barn items and a Calphalon hanging pot rack and none of the pieces were over $10!
Happy bargain hunting!
Deb


1 comment:

Laurapdq said...

Great finds! I love finding treasures at garage sales and the thrift stores!