Friday, June 12, 2009

Some things that bring me happiness..........

The pretty yellow daisies I picked up today. They're in a metal water pitcher I found at a yard sale earlier this season.


The strawberries I picked up at an Amish roadside stand yesterday. They will become jam later this afternoon. YUM!

We love watching the birdies when we're eating dinner. We have a cardinal couple who come about every night. We've had bluebirds come this year too.......I haven't seen bluebirds around here in ages! By the looks of the food level, I'm sure the birdies are hoping "the lady with the bag of food" shows up later today :)



Not a lot of activity at the hummingbird feeder this year yet but we enjoy them too. This one is nicer than the one I had before. It holds more guests and the food holder is glass so it easier to clean.



This is brand new and I can't wait to see it in action! It's supposed to help keep the squirrels away from your birdfeeders. We shall see!

My chives came back really good this year. They looked better before all the rain of the last 3 days. I love going out and snipping some when we're having baked potatoes. Sour cream anyone?

Oregano is pretty tasty too!

I think my little clay sign says it all!


My pretty orange daylillies are about to pop! I can't wait. This is the third year for them. I got them for Easter one year and transplanted them into this larger pot. What's not to love about perennials?



This is my first ornamental pepper plant. I'm anxious for them to turn red.

This is one section at the front of our house. It's "in progress" as the moment as I'm redoing the whole front. My son found the little garden gnome for me. The wooden crate came from a yard sale earlier this season (shown in an earlier post). The old wooden bucket with the hen and chicks came from a sale a few years back and it was free in a box of flower pots!

This is a close-up of the little can flag. I got this at a craft show quite a few years ago. An elderly gentleman made them out of soda cans. Recycling at it's best!



I got this old wagon wheel at an auction several years ago. It currently resides in the same "in progress" area that is shown above against an old metal lawn chair that I love.

I got this perennial at a roadside stand for $1.25! The Amish lady told me it is a type of geranium. It bloomed last week with these pretty little purplish-blue flowers.

I look forward to seeing the stuff that brings you happiness!
Deb

No comments: